Last Updated on February 4, 2017.
VANESSABENLOLO.COM (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”) knows that you care about how your personal information is collected, used, shared, and protected and we appreciate your trust in allowing our Website and our other sites (collectively "Sites") to do so. We take your privacy very seriously, and are committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information with the utmost priority, respect, and discretion. We have implemented this policy to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. The Website complies with Canadian Federal and Provincial privacy laws and regulations including the Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act.
Why does VANESSABENLOLO.COM collect personal information?
We continually strive to improve the Website based upon feedback that we receive from our customers and users. As such, the personal information that we learn from our customers, clients, and visitors, is used to improve our Website, personalize your experience, improve customer service, and deliver the type of content and product offerins in which you are most interested. Furthermore, we may use the personal information identified below to process transactions, send periodic emails, and follow up after correspondence (live chat, email, or phone inquiries).
Nevertheless, your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or otherwise given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service, or as described herein. Any email address that you provide may be used to process order(s), to send you information and/or updates regarding your order(s), and to keep you informed of and up to date with news about the Website, Vanessa Benlolo, and/or any related products or service information. We may send emails containing newsletters, promotions, or special offers. If you do not want to receive such messages, you always have the option to opt out or change your preferences (other than those for receipt of services or products).
When does VANESSABENLOLO.COM collect information?
VANESSABENLOLO.COM gathers information when you register on our Website, make a purchase, subscribe to our newsletter(s), respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the Website and/or fill out a form. In doing so, we receive and store any information that you enter on our Website and/or give us in any way.
You can visit the Website anonymously, or choose to not provide our site with any piece of information, but then you might not be able to take full advantage of our features, products, or services. We use this information in order to effectively respond to your requests, customize your use of the Website, improve our services, and to communicate with you.
What information does VANESSABENLOLO.COM collect and how is it used?
When you use the Website, we collect the following information and use it as described below:
1. Account Information. This may include your name, address, email address and phone number. We use this information in the ways you would expect, such as to set up your Account or contact you.
2. Third Party Account Information. We may obtain information about you from third parties. For example, if you access the Website through a third-party (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc…) by “following” and/or “liking” our Website, and/or Vanessa Benlolo, the relevant third party may transfer certain information about how you use its service. This information can include, but is not limited to, your relevant user ID, information that you have permitted said third party to share with us, and any information that you have made public in connection with that service. As such, it is a good idea to always review and adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and/or services before connecting to another product or service.
Other, examples of information that we receive from third parties includes updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we can use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information; purchase or redemption information; and/or any financial information that we can obtain to help prevent and detect fraud.
4. Communications with Us. When you send us emails or other communications, such as customer support inquiries, we maintain those communications and their contents so we can address your inquiry and best assist you.
5. Public Comments on the Website. We maintain any comments, contributions to discussions or messages submitted to users of the Website.
6. Usage Information. This includes information about your activity on and interaction with the Website, such as your IP address, your device or browser type, the webpage you visited before coming to our sites and identifiers associated with your devices. This informations enables us to analyze how the Website is being accessed and used, and to track performance of the Website.
7. Cookies And Other Technologies. We use these technologies to do things such as remember your preferences, keep you safe and improve and promote the Website and its products/services.
Does VANESSABENLOLO.COM use 'cookies'?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its relevant manufacturer.
Disabling cookies. If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled and other features that make our Website experience more efficient, may not function properly.
Does VANESSABENLOLO.COM share the information that we receive?
Information from and about our customers is a cherished part of our business, and we do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer any of our customers’ Personally Identifiable Information to others unless we provide users with advance notice. However, we may share your information as noted below:
2. User Content. Any user content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to our services and/or Website may become available to the public and unable to be removed, except by VANESSABENLOLO.COM in its sole discretion. Once posted on the Website, such user content may not be removable from public view, as copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Website, on other sites that have republished us, or if other users have copied or saved that information. If you do not wish your content to be available to the public, please do not post it on the Website.
3. Non-Identifiable Information. Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
4. Email Address(es). If you enter an email address, you will be able to communicate with VANESSABENLOLO.COM, and possibly with other users. If you reply to users or participate in group meetings, your email address might be shared with these other users.
5. Change Of Control. In the unlikely event that we buy or sell/divest/transfer the company, the Website, any of our products, services, assets, or any portion thereof (including any shares in our company), your personal information might be among the content that is sold and/or otherwise transferred in this type of a deal.
7. With Your Consent. Other than as set forth herein and above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties. In these cases, you will have an opportunity to instruct us to not share the information, or any portion thereof.
How does VANESSABENLOLO.COM protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, which encrypts the information you provide.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
What about third-party links and advertisements?
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Opting out. Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
What choices do you have about your information?
As discussed above, you can always choose to not provide certain information (unless required for the particular transaction), even though it might be needed or beneficial to make a purchase or take advantage of certain features.
At any time, you may update your account information and e-mail communication by contacting us through the relevant channel. You can stop receiving promotion email communications by following the steps to “unsubscribe” contained in any such email. We make every reasonable effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. If you have any questions about opting out of any such emails, please contact us directly.
Are children allowed to use VANESSABENLOLO.COM?
The Website considers the protection of children's privacy, especially online, to be of the utmost importance.
We do not specifically market our website, products, and services to children under the age of 13 years old. As such, we do not sell products or services for purchase by children, and any product or service that may be relevant to or beneficial for a child is only offered on our Website for sale to adults. If you are under 18 years of age, you may only use VANESSABENLOLO.COM and/or any product, service, or portion thereof with the involvement and under the supervision of a parent or guardian.
Furthermore, we are in compliance with the requirements of the Children's Privacy Protection Act, thus we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under 13 years of age, nor do we allow them to become registered users of, or to request information through our Website.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Policy is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario in Canada. The parties submit all their disputes arising out of or in connection with this Policy to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of Ontario in Canada.
Conditions, Notices, and Revisions